Lots of links, Aiko style.

I just took a Mensa Practice Quiz which says I have a "good chance of passing the Mensa test," but if it only weren't for these two simple facts: one, I *hate* word and number puzzles, and two, I'm too busy doing Aiko research to care.  You'll all thank me for doing this, it took a little while.

Seriously, for now I'm done praising everybody else, so it's time for the issue at hand... wait, one more thing... I previewed SPEED's new single Ashita no Sora and it's *damn* good; almost made me cry to see them back together all these years later. I insist you check it out.

Okay, the issue at hand... Ms. Kayo Aiko.  Forget wikipedia, it won't tell you anything.  Rather, check out her blog (also linked above right), or the blog of fellow Kingyo Nao-chan, or the blog of fellow Cheer Up-pers TONO and Kyan Chiaki, where Aiko is bound to (and does frequently) make an appearance. She puts pictures of *them* on *her* blog, so expect the same from her contemporaries.

Also, see Aiko being a video game nerd for whatever the heck this game is called.  Right now there are 18 pages, all accessible from clicking one of the small pictures at the bottom of the main page.

Or, go to youtube for new concert footage, shot about May of this year at Shibuya-O Crest:
Kanojo wa Gokigen Naname (never seen her sing this live before)
Hitomi no Naka no Meikyuu

Still not impressed?  Keep reading.  Go to Google Maps and copy-n'-paste the following coordinates for your virtual Aiko tour.  Choose "Street View" and pretend you're there.  For extra realism, go there in person!

First, a holy shrine for all Kingyo lovers, Azabu West Studio, located at:
35°39'30.21"N, 139°43'30.56"E
the brown building with the recessed entry and Coke machine (and old guy on street) is where LOVERS HIGH was recorded.

Then, head to Fussa on the outskirts of Tokyo for a couple of Aiko landmarks.

The first is at:
35°44'6.52"N, 139°20'25.32"E
and the store called BIG MAMA is where the 'cosmic cosmetics' cover was shot. Took me a while to find this place, and the store is shuttered in the Street View, which covers up the oh-so-famous "American Antiques" wording featured so prominently on the cover.  Must've been Sunday when the Google people drove by.  But, that's the place.

When looking for that, by sheer accident, I found:
35°44'16.77"N, 139°20'20.19"E
The NICOLA sign (see picture above), which is a pizza place.  I have no idea why this was included, but again, there it is.  By the way, the caption on the Polaroid above reads "I'm happy even on cloudy day."  I would be, too, if I had some pizza!