Obligatory March post: I still love Slayer...

Aiko continues her journey through life, food, friends, and backstage areas at her blog. Nothing terribly exciting going on with her, really; she helped celebrate Saito Michi's 24th birthday about a week ago, and took a few pictures with the rest of Kingyo, which is cool, because Aiko totally hangs out with that chick from 'dream'.

Going on two years with no solo single release, I've been wondering whether we'll ever see another one. As long as she keeps posting, we'll at least know where she is and that she's doing okay... No posts yet about moving back in with the folks, so more power to her, I just miss the music, is all. It was lots of fun while it lasted.

Still loving all sorts of Japanese (and other Asian countries') music, three years after discovering it. Almost shed a few tears over a Mini Moni song this morning, in fact. Doesn't mean I've forgotten my roots. Today at work I listened to a C-ute record, then a Slayer record, then an SNSD record, then a Pantera record, then a Berryz Kobo record. And I loved every minuted of it. And yes, I alternated genres on purpose.

Just because I love things like Aiko and Koha doesn't mean I've lost any love for good hard rock n' roll. I thought that Guns N' Roses newest album 'Chinese Democracy' was a tour de force, though many people disagree, and that's okay, so long as someone's paying attention. I even think there's a lot to be taken from Metallica's latest, 'Death Magnetic', though my love for that band has waned in the past few years.

Still got all my bases covered, musically, and I haven't taken on one genre to spite the other. I love Mini Moni, and I love Slayer. Darn it, but I do love Slayer...

Another wota blogger has informed me (and the rest of the world) that his efforts have actually been seen by the management that runs his favorite Japanese-girl talent agency. This only renews my hope that in time, I may actually be able to contact Ms. Kayo Aiko (through the proper channels) and someday get her seal of approval for my work here. Only time will tell.

All I know is, I've been lazy about this site for the last six weeks or so. I've still got to get through six more single re-caps, translate every song she's ever done, minus four, into English (for those who enjoy that sort of thing), and possibly discover some gems from the past that are rarely discussed online. Oh, and get my Saito Michi site up, too, maybe.

Like always, promises, promises... but it'll happen, just believe. There are plenty of Aiko fans out there, I know for a fact, and they'll either contribute to or take enjoyment from this site as it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

P.S. According to these ears, 'W's 'Arrivederci' features a guitar solo from a real, unplugged, actual acoustic steel-string guitar, unlike most recordings, which would normally go with a piezo pickup for ease-of-use over reality. What a nice touch.