A Message to Paul Thomas (of 'hello!blog')

Paul, you don't know me, but we're about to become fast friends in the online sense. Observe, if you will, a favorite subject of mine wearing an appropriate piece of clothing:
Paul, I can see into the future. In it you own a jacket just like this. And it wasn't very difficult for you to obtain. That's right, if you still WANT this, I'm sending it your way, no charge.

That's right, the 2003 Hello!Project Sports Festival (in Osaka Dome/Tokyo Dome) tracksuit has been here in the Midwestern US, safe and sound since August, when Ohta sent it to me.

Many apologies that it's taken so long for me to speak up about it, but I am giving you this gift in celebration of Ms. Aiko Kayo's 23rd birthday (starting 9:00AM Dec 10th, US Central / 3:00PM Dec 10th GMT). No bullshit, it'll be yours to keep.

So I'll put myself in your shoes, and I have a feeling you're asking, 'why'? Allow me to explain:

1.) it's advertisement. If you or any of your readers have any interest in Ms. Aiko Kayo, they might discover this site as a result of this stunt. I'd like some readership.

2.) you said (in no uncertain terms) that you wanted it, but it seemed like you would have a difficult time rationalizing the cost. Well, I had the money, and I bought it specifically to give to you. Money is not the most important thing in the world, and making people happy may not be the most important, either, but I'd rather make people happy than have money.

3.) I wanted it, too. I'm also an H!P fanatic, and like you, I understand the significance of this item. To see it close-up, as well as owning it for some time has been pretty f**kin' cool. This is from the year that Yasuda graduated, and the NON-STOP concert is tops in my book.

4.) thank you, sir, for the hello!blog. I found your site from Wikipedia footnotes when I was looking for (non-existent) news about Kago during her suspension. Fittingly, I also discovered Aiko via Wikipedia, and both she and your blog are precious finds in an otherwise sullen world. Many thanks for making W's 'Arreviderci' available, too... after hearing that, I bought all their recordings.

5.) it's my way of making amends with the Aiko/H!P past. She tried out, she was in the top 9 of 24,000+, and she didn't get the invite. But I doubt to this day that she would have a bad word to say about Tsunku or H!P. I'll do a post about it sometime soon. I discovered H!P because of Aiko's unsuccessful endeavor, wondering who they were, why she tried out, and what was so appealing.

6.) when it comes to this suit, you and I will have a story to tell.

Okay, so it's free, but on a couple of conditions you're likely to agree with:

1.) Please write a post on h!b when you receive this, mentioning my site AND the beautiful Ms. Aiko Kayo, maybe including a picture of you wearing the jacket...

2.) enjoy it. If you don't want it, I'll be proud to keep it, but more than likely will not wear it except in the most rare of occasions.

3.) remember my name (jyoru) and show some respect. From one H!P fan to another, from one Kusumi fan to another, this is to show that there are no political boundaries and no geographical boundaries so great that we cannot bond together as fans.

Paul, you do not want to know what kind of year I've had to get to this point. When I listen to Morning Musume, I just want to break down and bawl my eyes out; I haven't yet, but I may do so sometime soon. It'd be funny if it happened during something so inappropriate as "Boogie Train '03", but when it happens I'll let you know.

The final, most important piece, is that I do not know your address.  Please contact me at jyoru1211@gmail.com, if even to turn down this offer, and we can trade information.  Please note that I have never been outside the continental US, and if I ever travel I will be going to Japan, rather than merry old England.  But if I ever travel to your neighborhood (or you to mine), I'll owe you a beer or six-thousand.

Last, but not least... proof that I have it.  The second time I ever put the jacket on, tags intact:

Check out my homemade Minimoni t-shirt!