SCORE!!!

Marking a record seven posts in one month, meanwhile providing some Aiko information.  I finally figured out something that's been bugging the crap out of me since the first time I heard this song (almost three years ago).

At the start of 'Fantasy', Aiko sings something I presumed was English, because I never knew what she said.  Looking back at my data, I noticed that the song was originally done by Virginelle.  Lo and behold, the first couplets in Aiko's version of 'Fantasy' are from the chorus of the original song. Listen to it here.

Aiko sings (are you ready for this?):

"Carry on too many times for love / I only played as ever with your heart
I don't know, it's like a fantasy / You're only mine, oh what a melody"

Listen to Aiko again, and that's exactly what she's saying.  This is the most English she's ever sung on record.  I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, and I know, it's hard to understand Aiko when she sings in 'Engrish'.  But I finally figured out what she's singing!  And now you can sing along, too.

Then, a few minutes later I discovered this little tidbit.  Aiko sits in a cafe during the Aishite ne Motto video, and this same place is the setting for a Capsule video.  Capsule was produced by the same guy who produces Perfume, and also did 'cosmic cosmetics'.  Observe:

New 'New Year's resolution': acquire all the Capsule music ever made. This stuff is catchy as hell!