Michael Phelps Admits Smoking Marijuana (Photo)

michael phelps smoking bong marijuna photo
Michael Phelps Bong Photo: Phelps Pot/Phelps Marijuana/Michael Phelps Smoking Weed!

Michael Phelps was exposed smoking marijuana back in November when going to meet University of South Carolina coed Jordan Mathews. With so many still questioning the authenticity of Michael Phelps smoking bong picture, the swimming great himself admitted his erroneous behavior and apologized for it.

"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

But the damage Phelps inflicted on himself may be well beyond repair--a possible two to four year ban on swimming and withdrawal of dozens of sponsorships from big companies.