Oh, and One More Thing

...before I get back to business. I just spotted this "new" SPEED album and apparently they are agressively besmirching their own past with this one. No new songs, just re-workings of all the old songs that got me into them in the first place. Put me down for 'negative one' copies of this, please. Better yet, I should buy one just to make a video of its destruction at my hands. Seriously, what the fuck is going on?

NOOOOOOO! Just, NOOOOOOO!

I thought I made my point clear enough the last time they did this:

"...my main opposition to this recording is that, look, Hiro and Eriko are ten years older now, and they're not screaming at the top of their lungs like they used to. Which happens to be their old trademark, and what endeared me to those old songs in the first place. Anybody who tries to build a time machine and go back to give them some control or nuance that they didn't have then should be killed before a good thing gets ruined." [Too late...] [Emphasis added -Ed.]

"Ladies, you're all beautiful and talented, but if this isn't you anymore, don't pretend. ...you already recorded it years ago, and we still have it on CD. And for every imitation you do of your thirteen-year-old selves, I wonder whether it's because you think you can do it better now, or because you think it'll be just as good as it was before (or the third, most likely answer: because the producers demanded it). Seriously, I can put the old (real) 'STEADY' on repeat for weeks at a time if I miss it that much.

I don't mind the new 'heavier' backing tracks ...and someday we may get to hear the new music with the old voices. But time has moved on, and ...no matter how hard you try (with every available technology), you just can't recapture a moment."