This Just In... This!? What is This?!?!?

Ms. Kayo Aiko had a reasonably big announcement today:



So it's: 『懸賞TV PRESENTS 第5回劇団ショートケーキ』Sunday, June 14th, 3PM.

Which, to the best of my ability is the '5th Troupe Shortcake', because there have been 4 before this.

Great. What the heck is this? To be sure, it's a TV show, or is it a live event? I think it's a live event, yeah, we'll go with that. I know Aiko does group shows and also that she's done one of these before. Doesn't mean much to me but it's good news for her, something different, anyway. Amongst the others, though, is she going to get a chance to stand out?

In the picture there are 17 girls total, and look closely, one *guy* on the right side... he doesn't look very happy about being there, either. Aiko's picture was stolen from her blog profile, and I imagine that all the others are. The promoters are just so jazzed about this that they didn't even bother to group everyone together for a picture!

Seems that a lot of these girls are swimsuit models or singers, so Aiko fits right in, er, or something. Without any recent releases of any sort, and having not been photographed in her skivvies for years, I don't think she can compete with the eye-candy that is the 'more popular' girls. Although I need only take a brief glance at that picture to know who *I* think is the best-looking of the lot.

Aiko can say she doesn't dance but we saw her do it at the Momusu audition. She can pretend she's not a swimsuit model but I can't forget the memories of 'Pretty Private'. And she can try to be something other than a singer, but I've got the over-two-hours-worth of music to prove that she does. A lot of idols' glory days tend to be short-lived, but the girl isn't even 24 yet. She's still working in showbiz, in some capacity, as a personality.

As a fan who wants to be supportive in any way possible, I gotta know: what the hell is this? If I knew, I'd totally be there.