Politics

Time for a break in our regularly-scheduled programming to make an important announcement.  I've been watching the presidential race and wondering for sure what size of bomb shelter to build (depending on who wins) and I think I've got a much better idea:  Aiko for President!

Seriously, I think I'm going to write her in despite all the "roadblocks" that the founding fathers threw into the Constitution (just to keep Aiko down, at that).  So she's not 35, it doesn't matter in the least.  So she's not American by birth, who cares?  Anyway, that clause is open to interpretation.*  It's better to stop looking at the negative side -- what they call "mudslinging" -- and think about some of the more positive aspects that Aiko could bring to the executive branch instead.

For one, she's never voted against Medicare or Medicaid.  In fact, all the legislation she's introduced has passed unanimously.  Ai Shite ne Motto?  We do now.  Hold on to love?  Done.

Next, no scandalous past which might ugly-up the election.

Third, think how much better our foreign relations would be with Aiko at the helm.  Peace talks would be a breeze.  Aiko would say, "stop making nuclear weapons" and Middle-East guy would say, "but we like making nuclear weapons!" and Aiko would be all, "I'm going to pout, then," and Middle-East guy would say, "okay, we'll stop, no problem.  That's the cutest damn thing I've ever seen -- why do we hate these people again?" and Aiko would say, "look at my new boots!"

So, with the way things are going, apparently anyone can be on the ballot.  Go ahead and say that I'm throwing away my vote, I've got solid reasons for writing in Ms. Kayo.  Potentially, it's a better deal, and everyone who votes for one of the "mainstream" candidates is making their own bed.  I can at least say I didn't vote for whatever impending disaster is about to occur in our Aiko-less future.

*Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5: "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, or a cute Japanese girl, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, or twenty-two Years, give or take, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States, or Kanagawa-ken."  See, says it right there in the Constitution.