Eliot Spitzer Resigns over Kristen-Spitzer Sex Scandal

eliot spitzer resigned over alleged sexual relationship with callgirl kristen

Eliot Spitzer has resigned! His resignation is effective on Monday, March 17. The disgraced New York Governor was supposedly to be Client 9 who offered more than USD4000 for callgirl Kristen's service in a Washington Mayflower Hotel in February.

Flanked by his wife, Mr Spitzer, a leading Democrat, told a news conference: "I cannot allow my private failings to disrupt the people's work."

He once again apologised for failing to live up to the standards he demanded of others - but he gave no details.

In a brief resignation statement, he said: "Over the course of my public life I have insisted, I believe correctly, that people regardless of their position or power take responsibility for their conduct.

"I can and will ask no less of myself."

He added: "I go forward with the belief, as others have said, that as human beings our greatest glory consists not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."

 Link